Rad Reading – February

This February I finished the book Dark Age written by Pierce Brown. The book is in a universe where there are different races of people based off their colors, size and the place or planet they are from. A young boy named Darrow decided to go on a mission to change the social hierarchy to be a better place. He got surgical plastic surgery to look like a Red color to Gold, and he later changed the world completely. Currently, he is much much older and he possibly put the world into distortion. Right now, Darrow is fighting for the republic while the society is going against him, and the world has been going crazy without any order. No one knows what to expect, but there will be a clear victor some time.

I enjoyed the book a lot. All of the characters felt like real and in depth characters, it was almost like as if the characters were in the real world. The story line was amazing, where there are many point of views and many stories and cliff hangars all in a single book I feel like the author described the change of Servo really well. At first, Servo was a young crazed howler. Now, Servo has then been changed with age and time. He now says no to war, and he also is now married and has settled down in life.

my favorite character from the book is the greatest razor master’s son Lysander au Lune. Lysander has become a heir in exile, and he has returned to the of the world Core. Lysander is Trying extreme hard to bring peace and unity back to the dark society of the world. Lysander has gone on a journey to unite the murky waters of all the Gold families of the Planet and face Darrow face to face over the skies of war battered planet of Mercury. One thing I like about Lysander is that he is wise and knowing. One quote that shows this is, “Lorn au Arcos once said it is the duty of every man to listen to his enemies. When you spoke I listened. Your war is just. Cassius did not believe that, but he is gone. And to honor the dead at the cost of the living is a vanity none of us can afford.”(pg. 527)

my favorite quote from the book is on page 32, “Never deny you enemy a chance for retreat. Victory may cost too much.” This quote is my favorite because even if you win, you can also lose at the same time. Victor is a status, but you may have lossed way to much in the process of trying to come out as victor in war. The quote is gives a lot of truth to the book, and that is why it is my favorite.